Quadra Island Golf Club ... OUR COURSE!
The 240-yard driving range is just north of the parking lot.
- At the first tee, give Smiling Rock a pat for luck, then gaze downhill where the wide-open fairway offers lots of options. Don't let the exhilarating view of the mountains and Cortes Island distract you.
- This par 4 is a journey into solitude. A well placed drive takes you to the corner of a dog-leg right that will reward you with a theatrical view of the green and its surroundings.
- The tees for this par 5 are set among Sitka spruce. The varying widths of the fairway will make it necessary to choose your landing areas carefully. Be precise with your approach shot to the green as anything short will roll back down the steep slope.
- While looking deceptively easy, this par 3 is a 170-yard shot into a long, narrow green guarded on the left by two pot bunkers. The green is shaped to present a variety of challenging putts.
- The fifth hole is a par 5 and the number one handicap. The hole is uphill with a 40-metre change in elevation. The last 100 yards is a dog-leg left, so be sure your second shot is on the right side of the fairway. Before you leave the green, check out the view.
- An elevated tee with a clearly visible green and a generous fairway provide an opportunity for long hitters to stroke their egos. Beware of the creek that crosses the fairway about 50 yards in front of the green.
- Enjoy the scenic path at the edge of the natural wetland on your way to the seventh tee. This is a straight par 4 with tiered landing areas. Take care to avoid the large stone in the middle of the fairway just short of the green.
- You'll be ready for the more level elevation of hole #8. This par 4 is accented by a large snag habitat tree that splits the fairway about 210 yards out. Beyond the tree, the fairway opens generously to either side. Precision is required on your approach to the green as it is guarded left and right by ponds, and a long shot will put you in the bunker at the back.
- The serene beauty of this, our signature hole, is deceiving. This 190-yard par 3 requires all of 160 yards carry to clear the deep pond. What a way to finish!